When you see my Youtube channel at https://goo.gl/rI10G1, you will see the short intro as an opener of my video. To create an intro video, including a countdown video, in addition to using YouTube tools, you can also create it with video editing software. In this article, I would like to share on how to make an awesome intro video using Wondershare Filmora.
Wondershare Filmora is one of the most popular and awesome video editing software that very easy to be used, for beginner though. Everyone can learn in using this software regardless of their skill level. You will find many features you need to create high-quality and stunning video files.
Here’s the step by step how to create an intro video using Wondershare Filmora:
1. You need a raw video as background of your intro video. You can search it on the internet. To avoid copyright infringement, look for videos that are “free” and “no copyright” stamp. You can try to start googling by set a query “free background intro video with no copyright”. Try to find get a video with good resolution (like 1920×1080), aspect ratio 16:9, and frame rate 24.00 or higher. In this example, I found “The Milky Way” video at http://www.videvo.net. See at a glance the file information and then download the file to your PC.
2. Open Wondershare Filmora on your PC desktop and start to create a new video. Choose “16:9” and “Full Feature Mode” to get a good quality result in video output files.
3. Click “Import – Import Media Files” at the top menu of your Wondershare Filmora. Choose the background video file has been downloaded at Step 1.
4. Drag or move the background video from the User’s Albums to the Video track at the Timeline of your Wondershare Filmora (located in the bottom of the editing page). Beforehand, you can play it in preview mode at the top right of your Filmora.
5. Now, you will blend that video with your opening text (something like “your Youtube channel name”). Fortunately, Filmora has provided many Opener preset. You just click “Text/Credit” icon and select “Opener”. Choose the preferable one and drag or place it into the “Text track”. Set the position or time of the text will be appeared on your video.
6. Change or modify the preset text positioned at “Text track” by double click it. You can change it with your own words. Also, you can arrange the show time or duration of your text by dragging the edge of the text clip.
7. Now, you should synchronize the end of your whole intro video as you combine 2 (two) file with different time duration (drag the edge of which that has longer duration to the shorter one).
8. Before converted to the final output video, it’s better to play your project from the beginning to ensure that your are satisfied with your work.
9. Now, click “Export – Create Video” menu to enter the video output setting menu. You can choose a variety of video format, file name, output directory, and resolution, as you want. You can choose the preset output provided by Filmora or make a manual setting. Click “Export” to start the converting process.
Note : You can also add music as the background audio on your project (just import your own audio files or use existing files by Filmora while in editing mode).