Making someone’s photo talking can now be done easily by using a software called CrazyTalk 8. With this application, you can create an animated talking face from a still photo.
The following are steps that can be used to make a talking face photo using CrazyTalk 8 software:
- Open the CrazyTalk 8 application.
- Click the [Create New Actor] menu which is at the top of the CrazyTalk8 editor screen then select [Import Front Image] then click the [Next] button.
- Determine the points on the face based on the image guide on the left (face, nose, cheeks, chin, mouth, and upper head). Click [Next] for the next step.
- Select 3D Profile. Select [Male] – [Base]. Then click [Next].
- Correction of points on the eye (right and left), nose, head circumference.
- Select [Calibration] – [Eye] and [Mouth] to improve the accuracy of eye movements when opening, closing, or glancing. Click [Look] to see how the changes appear.
- Select the [Texture Bending] at the top of the layout or editor screen. Make changes as needed according to your taste.
- Select the [Detailed Morph] menu then make changes as necessary. Click [Apply] to save changes.
- Click [Actor Elements] – [Body] to select clothes, then click [Apply].
- Shift the image position by first clicking the four arrows in the left menu, then drag the image up so that it is in the middle of the editor screen.
- Add hair elements by clicking [Actor Elements] – [Template] – [Hair].
- To add a background can be selected via the [Background] menu or add from your PC by selecting the [Create] – [Athmosphere Settings] – [Background Color] menu.
- You can add sound animation by selecting the [Create Script] menu which can be filled directly from Record Voice, TTS (Text to Speech), Audio File, and Import Script. Because I already have an mp3 recording, I select [Audio File] – select the file on the PC – [Lips-Synch only].
- Finally, you can export the animated video composition into an mp4 file for further processing in other video editing software like Filmora 9.
- An example of the final composition after being processed in the Filmora 9 software can be seen in the video below.