As described at support.google.com, the existance of “meta tags” still should be considered as one of the web tools needed for bloggers or webmasters, especially in providing information about their blog or website to search engines (google, yahoo, etc).
Although meta tags at present have no effect in increasing google page rank, but the meta tags still appear in google search results. This meta tags will shown at the bottom of your web or blog link in search engine results. So despite this tools will not automatically improve your blog or web rank, it will influence people in possibility to click your page.
For wordpress users, it is very simple in adding meta tags to your blog by using relevan plugins. One of which can be used is “Meta Tag Manager” plugin which is possible to be install at your wordpress.
To install and use this plugin, you can follow the instruction below :
- Go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/meta-tag-manager/ and download the plugin into your local PC.
- Access back-end area of your wordpress (tipically can be found at http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/).
- Click “Plugins – Add New” and then click “Upload Plugin” button.
- Choose zip file that has been download before and click “Instal Now” button.
- Activate plugin after installation finished. The new sub menu “Meta Tag Manager” will appear in the “Setting”
- Click “Add Meta Tag” to setup a new meta tag. You can build meta tag by choosing the type of meta tag to be displayed. In this example, I choose “meta description” and “meta keywords” type. After finished, then click “Save Changes” button to securing your setting.