Maybe there are among you who already have a blog or website written in a local language which is devoted to readers in your own country. If the article written by you also want to be read and distributed to readers in other countries so you need to facilitate the visitors to able to directly read in their language. You can use a simple tools that put on your blog sidebar. In this case, html code can be generated from google translate and then copied or pasted into your blog page.
Here are the steps to add a google translate widget into your WordPress page :
- Go to http://translate.google.com/manager/website.
- Click on “Add to your website now” button and the display shown as below :
Just write your URL homepage into the empty box. In my case, I write “anytutorial.net” as my blog. Also choose your original language of your blog. Then click “Next” button.
- Choose the specific language to be displayed. You can also choose and determine how display mode will be used. After that, click “Get Code’ button.
- Just copy and paste the code snippets appeared and it will be pasted into widget box at your wordpress admin page.
- Login into your wordpress admin page (http://yourblog.com/wp-admin) via your browser and then go to Appearance – Widgets. Drag the “Text” widgets available in the left side and drop into sidebar. You can give a specific title of the widget or leave blank if you don’t want to show the widget title. Click “Save” button and close the widget.
- At the last process, open the new page on your browser and type your blog homepage. Now you can see the google translate widget appear in the sidebar of your blog. If you want to change the language setting, you can reopen google translate URL address to change the desired settings and get a new html code.
The above method is no longer applicable. As an alternative, you can use a translator plugin for WordPress, like Translate WordPress with GTranslate plugin by Translate AI Multilingual Solutions.
GTranslate is a well-known online translation service provider since 2008 and empowers more than 500,000 multilingual websites worldwide. Translate WordPress posts and pages language by Translate WordPress with GTranslate plugin uses Google Translate automatic translation service from that provider to translate WordPress site in multilingual. With approximately 103 languages around the world, your site will be visible in more than 99% of online readers. With their paid versions, you will get a fully SEO compatible which can increase your traffic from international. This plugin is provided by a budget multilingual WordPress solution which combines automatic machine and manual human translations to save your budget or money and is easy to install and implement.
List of supported languages are: Azerbaijani, Arabic, Amharic, Albanian, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Bosnian, bengali, Belarusian, Basque, Chichewa, Cebuano, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Corsican, Croatian, Dutch, Danish, Estonian, English, Esperanto, French, Finnish, Filipino, Frisian, Georgian, Galician, Greek, German, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian, Hausa, Hindi, Hebrew, Hmong, Hungarian, Igbo, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Irish, Japanese, Javanese, Kazakh, Kannada, Korean, Khmer, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Latin, Lao, Latvian, Luxembourgish, Lithuanian, Malay, Macedonian, Malagasy, Maltese, Malayalam, Maori, Marathi, Myanmar (Burmese), Mongolian, Norwegian, Nepali, Persian, Pashto, Polish, Punjabi, Portuguese, Russian, Romanian, Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Sesotho, Serbian, Sinhala, Shona, Sindhi, Slovenian, Slovak, Spanish, Somali, Sudanese, Swedish, Swahili, Tamil, Tajik, Telugu, Turkish, Thai, Urdu, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yoruba, Yiddish, and Zulu.
One of the important thing if you use this plugin, you will get any advantage in the term of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) but only available in their paid versions. Different from other similar translate program, they provide you all the useful tools to match with your multilingual SEO strategy.
Multilingual SEO is defined as a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy which utilize new content generation technique by translating the original content language and making your website multilingual. Keep in mind that when you translate your website into many languages, you actually make many new multilingual keywords targeted internationally. It will help you in increasing your search appearance or impressions on SERPs (search engines results pages) which allow you generate more traffic and can a positive impact in increasing conversion rate and sales.