Basically, to make this video composition is quite easy. We only need a background file which is a photo of a cup of coffee which will be combined with a green screen smoke file.
By using the green screen method, we can create an interesting video composition in the form of a cup of coffee emitting smoke from the cup.
How to make it?. The technique used is the same as the technique used in making previous green screen videos. However, I will explain again one by one, the editing steps. The software I use is still the same as before, namely Wondershare Filmora 9.
The steps that need to be taken to make a video composition for a cup of coffee that emits smoke are as follows:
- Prepare materials for the video editing process, namely photos or images of a cup of coffee, and green screen smoke videos. I got the two files from https://pixabay.com/photos/coffee-cup-drink-espresso-caffeine-690054/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2SkktLZx3k respectively.
- Then open the Wondershare Filmora 9 software to start working on the composition of the video.
- Import the two files above to Filmora media library.
- First, move (drag and drop) the image of a cup of coffee to the Filmora timeline. Set the duration of the desired video composition time. If you want to make a video with a long duration of time, drag the image on the timeline to the right according to the desired time duration. Also, scale the image if needed.
- Move (drag and drop) the green screen smoke video from media library to the Filmora timeline (place it on the layer above the coffee cup layer), then cut the part of the green screen video that is not being used (because we only need the part of the smoke video that is pointing or coming out from below. upwards, adjusted to the cup image).
- Remove the green background colour on the green screen smoke video track by activating the chroma key menu option in Filmora. You do this by double-clicking on the track and then checking the menu option [Chroma Key (Green Screen)]. Now the green background is gone.
- Change the smoke details by changing the video scale. Then shift its position so that the smoke appears directly above the coffee cup.
- To refine the composition, change the offset, tolerance, edge thickness, and edge feather options, as needed. Also, duplicate the green screen track to adjust the duration of the video composition to be made. You can do this by right-clicking the track and then selecting the [Copy] – [Paste] menu to the right of the first track, directly connecting to the end of the video for the first part. To smooth the transition, the Dissolve effect can be used.
- In general, the final layout on the Filmora timeline can be seen in the image below (after adding the video intro, back sound, and YouTube channel logo).
- The final result of the video composition of a cup of coffee that emits smoke can be seen in the video below. Good luck!.