If you have a blog or website and Facebook page at the same time, maybe you are interested in integrating both of them. With “Simple Facebook” plugin, you are allowed to integrate your Facebook page with your blog or website easily.
The “Simple Facebook” plugin enables us to :
• display how many visitors already like our page and which of their friends like it too.
• read recent article posts from the page.
• like the page with one click without required to visit the page directly.
• see the page events.
• send messages to your page (need more configuration).
This is a simple step to integrate your WordPress-based blog or website with your Facebook page :
- Go to http://topdevs.net/simple-facebook-plugin/wordpress-facebook-widget/.
- Get the “Simple Facebook Plugin” (formerly “Like Box”) by downloading directly via their website or visiting WordPress plugin page at https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-facebook-plugin/.
- At your WordPress admin page, click “Plugins – Add New” menu.
- Click “Upload Plugin” and “Choose File” to find the plugin has been downloaded before.
- Click “Install Now” to start the installation process. Wait until the plugin finishes to be installed, then activate it by clicking “Activate Plugin”.
- Go to “Appearance – Widgets” menu. You will find a new widget named “SFP – Facebook Page Plugin”.
- Drag and drop this widget to your widget area (commonly placed at the right top of your WordPress sidebar).
- Modify the setting as necessary as you want. The most important part you must fill out is Facebook Page URL (you should create the Facebook page before), such as http://www.facebook.com/yourpage.
- Finally, the “Facebook Page Like” widget can be shown as the example below :
One of the advantages of using Facebook Page Like widget on your WordPress site is when visitors clicks on the “Liked” button of the widget, a story appears in their friends’ news feed with a link back to your blog or website.