Since founded in 2004, the Facebook’s mission on giving people the power to share and make the world more open and connected is more important now than ever, as Mark Zuckerberg said in the Facebook Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results Publication.
In that publication above, it was stated that there were 1.23 billion of Daily active users (DAUs) on average by end of December 2016 or increase by 18% year-over-year (YoY). As figured out on that report, in a fact, Facebook now shows a big potential market in social media marketing. And as web or blog owner, you can also utilize Facebook users in gaining good engagement with your web or blog page.
Here are the steps on how to activate sharing buttons of Jetpack on your WordPress :
1. Install “Jetpack by WordPress.com” plugin and activate it after installation process finished. Immediately after it, a new menu “Jetpack” will be shown on the left side of your WordPress admin page.
2. Click the “Jetpack – Setting” to start the configuration.
3. Click “Engagement” and activate “Sharing” to allow visitors to share your article posts.
4. Click “Configure your Sharing Settings” and choose the social media sites which would like to be connected to your blog or web. In this example, I want to connect my blog to my Facebook Page (I have created it before). So once I choose “Facebook”, I will redirect to FB login page. After login, click “Ok” button to allow WordPress to manage your Pages and publish as Pages you manage (you can also choose to publicize your blog to your Facebook Profile instead of Facebook Page). Click “Ok” to confirm your setting.
5. Once finished it, in the “Sharing Setting” of your Jetpack will appear “Connected as : YourFacebookPage” (this is your Facebook Page you have created before).
7. To display the Facebook icon on your WordPress, drag the “Facebook icon” at the “Available Services” and drop to the “Enabled Services” box.
8. Next, you can modify other options such as “Button style”, “Sharing label”, “Show button on” etc. Especially if you want to display Facebook icon to your posts and pages, choose it to arrange the placement of that sharing icon.
9. Click “Save Changes” to finish your setting.
Now you can check your WordPress front-end area whether a “Facebook” icon appears at the bottom of your article posts and pages.