When you first create a YouTube channel, in addition to video material, you also have to prepare a channel layout design, one of the components that must be made is a header image.
How do you quickly create a YouTube channel header? One method that you can use is to use free tools on the internet. In this case, I often use the free feature offered by Canva.com, namely the banner maker. This way, I can create YouTube channel headers more easily, quickly and satisfactorily. You don’t need to master graphic design techniques because Canva has provided all the tool kits. You can also choose from a variety of header templates that Canva has provided.
Here are the steps required to create a YouTube channel header with Canva:
- Access https://www.canva.com.
- Select an attractive template in the YouTube Channel Art menu and match the topic of your YouTube channel (or leave it blank if you choose to manually design one by one).
- Modify the image if necessary. Like my channel, because it contains the topic of video editing, I changed the default image to the relevant image (taken from the Elements menu in Canva). I also changed the default text according to my YouTube channel name.
- Download the final image on Canva and upload it to your YouTube channel.
The way to upload the header design results to YouTube is as follows:
- Log in to YouTube and navigate to the channel you have (one account can have more than one channel).
- Click the ‘camera’ icon on the right side of your YouTube channel header.
- Drag and drop the final image from Canva.
- After a successful upload, 3 (three) display types will appear, namely desktop, TV, and mobile. Make image adjustments if necessary by using the [Adjust the crop] menu.
- Click the [Select] button to save changes. The final view on the YouTube channel can be seen as in the image below.
The great thing about creating a YouTube header in Canva is that you don’t have to think about the size of the image design that YouTube requires (recommended resolution: 2560 x 1440 px with a maximum file size of 6 MB). Canva has provided templates according to the YouTube requirements.
On the other hand, if at any time you want to change your YouTube channel header design, all you have to do is update the header file that has been created in Canva because all designs will be automatically saved (you need to create an account first).